The Barnabas Group Central Coast
Since 2000, God has been using The Barnabas Group (TBG) to make a powerful impact on its partners as well as ministries around the corner and around the globe. Like minded Christian leaders join together and develop relationships that God uses in unique ways to bless His Kingdom. You will never know what God might do when you take your seat at a TBG event and meet someone just like you. Someone who has an "itch" to get in the game and be active in using all God has given them for His Glory.
It's the way that things converge here that sets us apart
TBG is different in contrast to many great individuals and organizations who support ministries primarily with the checkbook. We offer our talent. TBG realized ministry-minded people could provide so much more if given an opportunity to use their network, time, unique abilities, giftings or resources to help ministries that reflect their true passions. The result is a truly dynamic organization that stays fresh, exciting, and highly relevant to its partners, ministries and communities it serves.
To sign up for partnership, go to our sign up page.
Every meeting is an opportunity to serve
At our quarterly meetings, presenting ministries share their vision, needs, challenges and realities, providing Barnabas Group partners an opportunity to come along side and assist where they can and where they choose. In addition, we hold many special events throughout the year to promote partner and ministry fellowship.
Our SWOT Team, which any partner can participate in, meets with ministries several times each year to help with emerging or crisis issues they are facing. Even our "ministry interview process" is used as an opportunity to coach and guide ministries as they present themselves to potential supporting audiences and individuals. We never stop looking at ways to make a difference.
Mission: Connecting Leaders, Changing Lives
To see the time, talent, touch and resources of marketplace and other Kingdom leaders help ministries transform lives worldwide.
Vision: Engage, Release, Launch and Grow
Engage thousands of marketplace leaders with Christian ministry opportunities around the corner and around the world.
Release generosity in our communities with the dedication of unique gifts of time, talent, touch (network), and treasure to God's service.
Launch and Grow The Barnabas Group Locations alongside local Christian foundations through the efforts of Master's Program graduates and other Christian leaders in every American metropolitan area with a population of at least one million.
Values: Christ First, Calling, Character, Collaboration
|Christ First||A personal commitment to be authentic followers of Jesus who know, love, and serve the Lord and Savior of our world.|
|Calling||A personal commitment first to God the Caller, then as faithful stewards, engaging our unique abilities and gifts with a Kingdom purpose in service to Him.|
|Character||A personal commitment to Christian virtue and integrity where our stated values match our choices and actions.|
|Collaboration||A personal commitment to work together and leverage relationships for the greatest Kingdom impact and outcome.|
A Word on Our Past, Present and Future
TBG was founded in 2000 by Bob Shank and Jim West to help men and women who had completed a three-year coaching program (The Master's Program) to engage their personal calling in service for God's Kingdom. Today, The Barnabas Group is made up of men and women who have that "itch" to be used by God to make a difference for His Kingdom. They want to use all God has given them to help people draw closer to Jesus Christ.
Of All The Differences Made, We Believe The Best One Is The Next One
- 20-30 ministries present to 250-300 people in Central Coast alone each year.
- Since inception in 2000, TBG has heard from over 450 ministries! Many of these would not have received this level of exposure without this opportunity.
- We estimate that thousands of volunteer hours have been provided to ministries through TBG partners.
- Millions of dollars have been provided to ministries that have presented to The Barnabas Group.
- This year 30-32 additional ministries will share their story with Barnabas Group partners.
- Between 80 and 115 ministries are interviewed each year to decide if they are ready to present to The Barnabas Group. All of these ministries receive coaching and encouragement during these meetings from key Barnabas Group partners.
- Each year, The Barnabas Group conducts seminars for ministries, benefiting both the ministries and TBG partners. There is no cost to the ministries and no cost to TBG partners.
- The Foundation for Christian Stewardship has greatly increased its donor base due to involvement with The Barnabas Group.
- We now have Barnabas Groups in Orange County (CA), Central Coast (CA), Los Angeles (CA), San Francisco - East Bay (CA), Charlotte (NC), Inland Empire (CA), Minneapolis (MN), Chicago (IL), Houston (TX), Dallas (TX) - and we're growing.
- The Barnabas Group has allowed several ministries to work under our 501(c)(3) while they completed the necessary documentation to get their non-profit status. This allowed them to minister during that yearlong process rather than sit on the sidelines.
- TBG was founded to honor God and expand his Kingdom, and as a ministry is solely designed to support its partners.